Chris and I celebrated our 5th Anniversary on May 2nd by attending a Stake Dance that I was part of organizing! It was a lot of fun making and hanging all of the decorations (it was an Academy Awards Theme) complete with red carpet, limo for the kids to have their pictures taken by and "Old Hollywood" paraphenalia, popcorn machine, chocolate fountain etc. It was by far the BEST Stake dance I've ever been to! Hopefully we set a new precident for other wards to follow!!!
The night was busy and fun but unfortunately Chris and I never got to dance! He was the "bouncer" and I was running back in forth between the sign-in tables, organizing prizes and certificates and monitoring the dance floor!
The next night we went out to OFFICIALLY celebrate at a new a Brazilian restaurant called Gauchos. It was a nice formal atmosphere and the food was pretty good but not in comparison with other Brazilian Restaurants we've been to (like Rodizio's in SLC!) We gave it an overall 6 on the scale of 1-10. The best part was the salmon, the yucca fries, the fried plantains and the roasted new potatoes! We were sad that they didn't have grilled pineapple or fejoida (black beans and rice), Brazilian stroganoff or other Brazilian salad items like Heart of Palm. The meat was good but it was pretty bland, so overall I don't think that we'll go there again.
The night ended (non-eventfully!) with a trip to Wal-Mart and the grocery store (got to do the errands when we can!) We rented a movie called "STARDUST" and then went home to watch it. Unfortunately Chris' stomach wasn't feeling well so after downing home-made orange julius he started nodding off about 15 minutes into the movie. Needless to say he ended up going to bed and I stayed up and finished the movie by myself! The movie was a strange one that's for sure, but it was good too. Anyhow- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to us!!!!
3 comments:
Hooray for the big 5!! Congrats! What a wonderful day to celebrate!!
Ahhhh...you two are a "sassy couple" I love your new hair cut Hannah!! You have "sweet style".)
I love having blogs so I can see you guys. Tell your mom and dad hey from us okay.
xoxox~ Nat
HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY!!! That's a bummer that Chris got sick...You two are still looking "HOT" and Cheers to you for 500 more anniversaries to come!
Post a Comment