Okay so I went to see TWILIGHT on opening night with 2 of my best friends here in Maine. I'd hurried and read the books a few months ago when that was all of my YW talked about! I thought that the writing was very poor and juvenile of course, too repetitive and Myers' storylines too drawn-out BUT complelling and intriguing enough to feverishly read through them and want to watch the movie to see how poorly "Hollywood" portrayed the book.
I have NEVER EVER liked a movie about a book that I've alrerady read. I never think that they do the characters or the story-line justice, the "falling in love" is always really rushed or bizarre. Like in Twilight, it was ridiculous how they portrayed it, but of course they didn't have like 500 pages to show how Bella and Edward "fell" in love.
I hate when movies stray from the storyline or throw in little details of their own and don't stay true to a book. How hard would it have been to have the house right? Seriously! And what was with Billy driving the truck? I thought Jacob's teeth were way too white, Edward was more SCARY than OUT-OF-THIS WORLD BEAUTIFUL (he looked more like a werewolf with that hair and those eyebrows!) I DID NOT LIKE the guy who played Carlisle (he was NOT GORGEOUS!) I couldn't STAND BELLA and how she constantly blinked, took forever to say her lines, and moved her teeth back and forth in her mouth! She never even read the books! No wonder she sucked!!!!
Okay, for positive things, I liked mostly everything else except Jasper. What was up with him!? Charlie and Billy were funny and brought in an element that the movie definately needed. I loved Alice, thought they did a good job on Rosalie and Emmett (although I did picture him to be cuter) and I liked Esme, although I'd always pictured her to be blonde and have a 40's/50's short curled hairstyle.
Well, I'd love to hear any other Twlight fans' comments! Oh, there'a about a tyhousand websites where you can take quizzes but I took this one:

Take the Quiz and Share Your Results!

Take the Quiz and Share Your Results! ">
2 comments:
Thanks for confirming my suspicions about this movie. I've got no desire to see it at all -- at least not until it's on dvd or in the $1 theater. I've NEVER EVER liked a movie made from a book I've already read and just the trailer confirmed my feelings.
Well - at least you got a girl's night! That's fun! When are you guys planning on making it into Boise? Probably not until Tuesday or so, huh? We'll be there until Sunday . . . . I'm looking forward to seeing you soon!!!!
Yeah I know exactly how you feel on some parts but every scene with Jacob in it i coulnd't stop staring at his nose! But the most thing that really bothered me was bella. She has to be the worst actor of all time! And It didn't even seem like she even liked edward. The book is ten times better! I regret watching the movie and personally i wasn't even to thrilled about seeing it because i somehow knew that they would totally ruin it! They could have made it a lot better. But i'm finally glad that someone feels the same way that i do about the movie! Love ya lots!!
Post a Comment