Tuesday, June 2, 2009

As many of you know, Chris and I though about opening our own Home Furniture and Decor Consignment store a few months ago but decided that with two young kids and minimal funds now would not be a wise time...maybe someday....

I began a blog siting all of the decor that I'd accumulate and was able to sell several things online that way. There is actually a new decor and home-made craft store opening here in Twin Falls so I was able to finally clean out our bedroom and consign all of the rest of the decor- so that blog is no longer in existance!

On to NEW things!

A friend of mine here in Twin Falls is an educational consultant with Usborne Books and we began talking about it one day, I hosted a home show for her and then decided that I liked the business opportunity and how it was so different from other direct marketing companies that I'd heard of or been a part of before.

I loved the books immediately because they are so well-made and fun for kids (and their parents) to read. They have a huge variety of books and subjects that Brady loves like cowboys, pirates, sticker books, dual readers, and game books full of things that kids have to find within the pages. There are also encyclopedias with links to the internet and even homeschool curiculums. No suprise that their books are so good- Usborne is the #1 Educational Book Company in the World!!!

Here are some other reasons why I like Usborne:
  • Work with schools doing book fairs, events, daycares, preschools etc.
  • We have a Grant Matching program for schools who are able to get grants for books we can match that grant up to 50% (and there is no limit!)
  • We have a Reach for the Stars Reading Program and incentives to help promote literacy among children
  • There are NO monthly minimums that I, as a consultant, have to meet
  • There are no yearly membership fees; only a one-time consultant kit which I got over $400 in books for only $89 plus tax and shipping!!!
  • You get to build your own personal library as you earn FREE books and 1/2 price books
  • You get to build a sustainable business that will eventually allow you to be paid for the work that others on your team do as well as your own!
  • Money in your pocket! I earn 25% in commission on all orders, 17% on fairs; and the comission grows as your business grows!

I am beginning my business with Usborne and was able to do a 2-day booth at the Western Days fair here in Twin with my friend, Nicole. We were able to book several home shows each and get lots of contacts and I'm excited to get involved and begin building my business.

For anyone who is interested in more information please email me: h.m.graf@hotmail.com

or you can visit my website: http://www.myusbornelibrary.com/

Because I am a new Educational Consultant I have a special 12-week incentive period (mine ends July 31) which allows me to:

  • offer DOUBLE FREE BOOKS to hostesses
  • I can offer 2 people the start-up consultant kit, a value of over $350 for only $99.50

1 comment:

Bradbury Bunch said...

Good for you Hannah! I wish you the best of luck with all of this. And I have to say that I'm so excited to get that painting when the girls come-the "perfect" spot is anxiously waiting for its arrival! :) Love you so much!!!