Might I just say: "Pinterest, you are exactly what I've been looking for all these years!!! Thank you for coming into my life, and I'm sorry that I ignored you for so long!"
I wish that my mom knew this little trick while we were growing up! Despite her best efforts all of us "shorties" in our family often wore high-water hemmed jeans to school. Besides, hemmed jeans just never look right...
WELL THAT WAS UNTILL NOW!!! Can you tell that I just hemmed 2 inches off of these NON-MATERNITY jeans?!?!?!
This is SO simple, it's not even a tutorial! ALLyou have to do is decide how much you want to "take off" from the length of the jeans and then, using a measuring tape fold the jeans to the desired length (like making a cuff). Be sure to measure and pin all the way around for even length. Then sew right along the top of the cuff where the original hemline is. Turn back under and PRESTO-CHANGE-O!!!!
You can cut the remainder off if you're done growing like me and then use fray check or use stitch witch to keep in place, or be lazy like me and leave as is (just make sure to hang dry and fold the cuff under and flat). If you have growing children leave as is and when the child needs the hem let out just unpick the stitching! BRILLIANT!!!


2 comments:
I saw this, too, and was equally amazed with the brillance! :) Hooray for shorties! :)
Love this idea...Tevan could use some hemmed pants :)
Post a Comment