Tuesday, January 27, 2009

THE BIRDS AND THE BEES: "Mommy, when can I have a GIRLFRIEND?!?!"

So last night after our big "party" with Daddy I crawled into bed with Brady to read him some books. No sooner had I got all snuggled in when Brady asked:

"So, when can I have a girlfriend?"

I started laughing because it was so out of the blue! I thought maybe he got the idea because we were reading Aladdin (you know, the whole Aladdin/Jasmine thing...)

So I asked if he wanted to know because of Aladdin. He said:

"No, because I just wanted to know!"

I told him that he needs to be older like Uncle Andrew before he can have a girlfriend!!!

I then asked: "Is there someone you like for a girlfriend?"

This is what he said..."Well, maybe Hazel. She's got cool games, and well, she's kinda cute too!"

I laughed so hard! Hazel is our friends little girl (who is in fact and "older woman" to Brady!) Rachel, are you reading this?!?! What do you think?! I guess it's already begun! And plus, who wouldn't like her? She's got "cool games!!!"

4 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

LOL!!! Awesome!!! Yes, when he's twenty-something, we'll talk about it! :) LOL!!! What a funny kid you are raising!!!

Bradbury Bunch said...

I love my nephew! I could read things like this all day long. I love hearing what kids say and what their thinking! And boy are you guys in trouble!!!! He'll be chasing all the girls at recess it sounds like! LOL

Kiss those kids for us!

megan said...

oh dear....I don't want to deal with this!

lynsey said...

this is too cute! i can't believe how young they start. we had a playdate today & when i told caleb, he said, "ooh! i've gotta put on my yellow shirt...because i have to look GOOD for kali!" yikes.