Monday, January 26, 2009

Olivia's Bedroom...not finished, but almost...

For anyone who knows me well, they know that I was soooooooo excited to have a little girl and decorate a room just for her!!! I've been "collecting" things for YEARS (I mean WAY before I was even married or thought about getting married!) So it's been really fun unpacking some of these things (like the plates on the pink shelf) and making other things for my precious little one's room!

I really wanted a vintage/shabby chic look to her room and I think it's coming together really well. I have some cute curtains to hang up but I still need to get a curtain rod. I also have some other fabric to sew some pillows (there's a bench seat under the window, and what little girl's room is complete without a window seat?!)

I also have some "BIG IDEAS" for some wall art which I'll begin working on as soon as I can find the right wooden frames at a craft store...

Here's what I have so far...


This is the right side of the room as you walk in...I got her adorable crib for $60!!! and the changing table for $50!!! (Got to love craigslist!!!) I had the white lamp and the shelf from when Brady was a baby but I re-worked the lamp shade and painted the shelf pink!
These are the cute plates I've been hanging on to for quite some time...
and I added the ribbon to hang the shelf with.
I think you really have to see this little lamp in person to fully appreciate it. I took some vintage looking scrapping paper and ripped it and then modge-podged it to the shade. Then I trimmed the shade with ribbon and some cream and white buttons (for the shabby effect)...
I had a bit of a problem when it came to storage for all of my crafting and scrapping supplies and the only room to put them in was Olivias. I have her closet all organized but I also needed some more space. I had these metal storage racks so I converted one with a pretty fabric slipcover (it's all I could come up with the make it look cute). Of course, this looks cuter in person too (doesn't everything?)
THE BEFORE:
THE AFTER:
(don't mind the clutter on top, I'm still getting things hung up)
TOP DETAIL:
BOTTOM DETAIL:

So, there you have it: one room fit for my little MISS LIVY!!! I can't wait to finish it.

6 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

ABSOLUTELY brilliant! YOu have done a great job--OF COURSE! You totally have the knack for this kind of stuff. Love what you have done!

Rachel Chick said...

So cute, Hannah! Very, very sweet! I love the lamp shade! What a fun idea! The colors are adorable - you've done a great job! You'll have to post pictures of your art when you finish. :)

Laura said...

Aw, so cute! Nice work!

lynsey said...

you did a great job! i LOVE the lampshade...fantastic! and the plates are so cute too. you've got great taste!

Levi and Amanda said...

That looks fabulous!! I'll have to ask your advice when I need ideas for decorating. Totally cute and girly! Love it!

Shannon said...

Adorable! Love the color scheme and you have such a flair for designing the lampshade and curtains for the cabinet! Isn't decorating in themes fun?!!!