He'd been talking about his birthday for MONTHS and MONTHS so I didn't want it to be a let down in anyway!
After breakfast we cleaned up and hurried along our way getting ready for the day. I had to work so Brady and Livy went to my friend Melody's house where he was treated very royally. Melody is so sweet and she made him rice crispie treats with green sprinkles (his favorite color), gave him a puzzle and filled his shoes with treats while he was napping (with help from the "nap birdie!!!) Brady was so excited when I went to pick him up that he was talking a mile a minute! Thanks so much for making my boy's day special!!!
On the way home from work I had picked him up some balloons and a pizza and cinnamon sticks for special birthday dinner. We love having movie nights with pizza, rootbeer and popcorn and that's what Brady had requested. I called Chris on the way home and asked him if he's set up all of Brady's stuffed animals along the window sill in the livingroom so we could have a big "party" for him with all of his stuffed animal friends (he was bummed that his birthday party wasn't going to be until a week after his real birthday). When we got home he was suprised by the balloons, all of his stuffed animals and his Grammie and Grandpa Graf (who stopped by with some special treats to say hello!)
(Funny story: I got him a #5 birthday balloon...or so I thought...when I got home I realized it said Happy 50th birthday! I couldn't believe that I hadn't seen the zero! Brady thought it was pretty funny and said, "that's okay mom, we can just cross out that silly zero!")
We enjoyed our pizza and rootbeer and then Brady opened one gift from us (actually two) a couple of movies. He got "G-Force" and "Ice Age III." We watched "G-Force" that night and even Livy got to stay up late!
Brady also got a birthday card in the mail from Auntie Nickie, Uncle Nick and cousins Lexi and Chloe who sent him a cute Valentine's Day picture, an awesome Darth Vader Star Wars card and 5 bucks!!! We were even suprised by a birthday phone call from Auntie Nickie and Brady loved talking to her!!!
On Saturday we had big plans to go down to Burley and meet up with Chris' folks to enjoy the day together bowling and having a little party at their house...unfortunately, things don't always go as planned and I woke up with the flu! So, I stayed home and got some R&R and Chris took the kiddos down by himself! They had a fabtastic time with Grammie and Grandpa Graf and Aunties Shawnae and Chelsae!
After bowling they went to a family favorite Al's Pizza where they enjoyed yummy pizza and playing on some pretty "antique" games (that Chris used to play when he was a kid!) They had a great time though!Birthday party at the Graf's: Grammie and Grandpa got Brady an awesome red bike helmet and a new Book of Mormon. Brady was very excited! He also got a $5 gift card to Walmart from "Great Grandma Opals" and a little cowboy calendar.
Thanks for making Brady's birthday sucha a fun time!!! More fun and games await us as he is having his first birthday party with friends this weekend! He is so excited it's all he talks about (and practically all I've thought about in my spare time for the past month or so!) Let's hope no one gets sick....
3 comments:
you are such a fun mom!! i love the story about the balloon!
Well, I think the mission was accomplished for making sure Brady felt special on his 50th, er, I mean 5th Birthday!! :) J/K That's sooooo sweet of your friend to make sure he felt special. I like that shoe outside the door at naptime--I think we might copy that tradition!
And he still gets to celebrate even more!! AWESOME!! You can never have too much cake I've decided! Yum!
Thanks for taking a picture of him with our card! That's fun for us to see since we miss out on a lot of celebrating! (We'll have to make up for that in July!)
Looking forward to seeing Phase II, and I hope you feel BETTER! There's nothing like the nasty flu.
Love you guys!!! XOXO
I love that he got "Happy 50th" balloons. :) What a fun birthday weekend! You are such a good mom.
Post a Comment