Monday, April 26, 2010

A home that now lookes lived in!

I am BEYOND excited to have the landscaping in the front of our house done. These aren't the best pictures as I took them the night after we finished but at least it's proof that we accomplished this task, and in only 1 week! I think Chris and I were an excellent team and it makes me feel so proud and good every time I turn the corner and into our driveway! Now I love the inside AND the outside of our home!!!

(MORE pictures to come later...when the grass is greener =)





We chose to keep it simple but fill it in enough so that it didn't look bare. Next year we'll add some more perennials and I'd still like to find some nice rocks/boulders to incorporate throughout. The perennials we planted are: feather grasses, white candytuft, blue buttons, emerald gaiety, purple feather grass, hinoki cypress trees, sea green juniper bushes and sandcherry shrubs. I'm still looking for a few more plants but for now I'm really, really pleased with the results!

3 comments:

Bradbury Bunch said...

How pretty! It looks great guys! If we lived closer I would bribe you to come over and do some landscaping in my backyard---I'm still undecided on what to plant. I'll have to get some tips from you.

Rachel Chick said...

That looks really nice, Hannah. Way to go. I love plants!

sunshine said...

THANK YOU! WE LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!! YOUR HOME IS BEAUTIFUL JUST LIKE ALL OF YOU!!!!! THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR LITTLE FAMILY!!! OXOXOXOX GRAMMIE GRAF